Sunday 16 February 2014

DEAD OF NIGHT by Nigel hare

 DEAD OF NIGHT by Nigel Hare
Dead of Night..... I've seen many horror movies in my long life; The slasher flix, the zombie, vampire, monster movies are amongst that long list. I've enjoyed some of them, maybe even most of them. But at the end of the day they are like action movies: enjoyable for the 90 or so minutes I view them but not many of them are anything but forgettable entertainment. there is nothing wrong with that and I have no intention to belittle them. I first saw Dead of Night w...hen I was very young and it did scare me. Not the individual stories as I remember but the end sequence. Obviously if it was made now it wouldn't have the horror tag placed on it because it wouldn't fit in that genre. Yet I would still suggest that this movie is worth a watch. Michael Redgrave is particularly wild eyed and brought tension right out of the screen. I enjoyed watching this for just the third time and I would still rate it higher in the scary stakes than a nightmare or a fowl mouthed head spinning round and vomiting.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment