Friday 11 April 2014

FRANKENSTEIN ARMY by Nigel Hare

FRANKENSTEIN ARMY
by Nigel Hare
 
 
 
First up this is the wrong title. Borg Birth would have been better but that would have infringed on the Star Trek brand. It has a normal war movie start with a documentary style, soldiers marching and attacking a machine gun nest. But this isn't a war movie it's an average gore movie. Yes it does have a small amount of originality like errrrrrm. Well I've never quite seen anything like this but I felt as I watched it that I'd seen similar. The first monsters, the army of the title, are more alien, these are followed by the factory monsters which are raw Borg. I've sat watching top gear for an hour trying to find something in this movie to recommend it to the club. It was the top gear episode in which they made the electric car and it must be the forth time I've seen it. The Doctor, the creator, is an interesting character and the only one that is beefed out but the meat is cheep and thin sliced and over quickly leaving you empty and wanting something more. There is a fair amount of blood and dismembered body parts but aside from a couple of scenes it is mostly decoration so if your a gore aficionado I don't think this will be satisfying.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment