Friday 11 April 2014

YOU'RE NEXT by Michael Hayward

YOU'RE NEXT
 
by Michael Hayward
 
So last night I did the unthinkable. I watched a horror film. Now, i'm going to be open and frank and say right off the bat that I really don't like horror films. Not because they're 'scary' because invariably they aren't, but because of their stupidity. With that said, I'd seen a film list somewhere that had recommended "You're Next" as one of the hidden gems of last year. I thought I'd give it a shot. Here's what I think...
Stupid. The plot is the usual nonsense with so many holes in it that it could have been a prototype for Tetley's newest teabags.
Moronic. Both the plot/script and the characters.
Terrible. The acting. It's like Am Dram in a village hall.
Boring. I cared not for any of the characters and that made their stupid deaths even less important.
Done. As in to death, if you've seen any of the slasher films from the last twenty years then this may as well be a repeat.
I want my hour and a half back please.
If you like horror films (there's no accounting for taste!) then it may be your kinda thing, weak plot, terrible acting, a dash of gore and ridiculous deaths aplenty then go ahead, fill your boots. If you like films with a little more substance then I can only suggest you carry on looking elsewhere
 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853739/?ref_=nv_sr_1


No comments:

Post a Comment