Friday 31 January 2014

CITY OF GOD by Michael johnston + Kudos

CITY OF GOD by Michael Johnston

well .I was hoping for more but you can get others saying how great a film is and your expectations are too high ,but its a thought provoking film that does keep you thinking long after but its sooo grim ,I know that's the point but not liking any of the characters( bar 1) makes it harder to care when they (eventually) die,its a nightmare world were watching and the choices for all seem kill or be killed,hits a bit harder when I realised at the end its a true story and when you see the kids with no idea what they re doing is heartbreaking,I "enjoyed" it but theres better in that vein,and I realise that for every "city of god" I watch I have to watch 5 "man of steel" so I don't slit my wrists and get some faith in humanity again,its not a film you can watch anytime but we need films like it !

CITY OF GOD by Kudos

 I have no faith in humanity so that wasn't a bridge I had to cross but as a snapshot of how humanity does "evil" things it hit hard, needless violence does nothing for me but the lingering thought after watching COG is how thin the veneer of civilised behaviour is, how many steps is any of us away from the same actions when we or our family and friends are threatened with no chance of any protection from anyone else, the walking dead treads the same path...............it is not a Teflon film so will stick with you

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/?ref_=nv_sr_1

No comments:

Post a Comment