Tuesday 21 January 2014

TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY by Kudos

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415306/?ref_=nv_sr_1


1st a disclaimer: 99.9% of American comedy is not funny in my opinion, Simpson’s, Sledgehammer and My Name is Earl are the only shows that spring to mind and cant think of a funny American film.

So I wasn't optimistic about this, add in I am not a Will Ferrell fan, I am surprised this made it into the dvd player

but what a joy, proper belly laugh and clever humour from start to finish and by all the cast which is rare, some of the best laughs come from the minor roles, the team owners wife orgasm had me roaring. The material mocking some American ideals worked very well, the grace scene with the baby Jesus and the gay kiss must have a hit a few American nerves.

So as a comedy it suited my British sense of humour and if you are not a motorsport fan then don't worry the film stands on its comedy value alone.

IF you are a motorsport fan you are in for a treat, the access they must have got to NASCAR is unbelievable, the racing and crashes makes “Days of thunder” look like “Driving miss daisy” and some great in jokes about motorsport ie cutting to the ads during a crucial moment of the race. The last racing sequence was better than anything I saw in “Rush”

just thought of a funny American film “Airplane” and it is the same style of humour.

Don't turn off straight away, out take reel is worth a watch

No comments:

Post a Comment